Those who are self-employed or intend to establish or invest in a Botswana business may apply for an investor’s visa. The process for the investor’s visa is a multistep process that is complex and lengthy.
Applications should be made in your home country or country where you hold temporary residency and applicants should already be in possession of a visa before attempting to enter Botswana.
Allows you to invest in Botswana
You may apply for permanent residence after 10 or more years
Multi-step and complex process
The following quintessential documents are required to be submitted interalia with the application –
- Copies of work and residence permits
- Certificate of incorporation, trade license, share certificate, and list of directors
- Confirmation of investment into the existing business in Botswana, where applicable
- Bank statements from the last 6 months
- Confirmation of number of local and financial employees to be hired to set up business in Botswana, where applicable
For more information on the application process for an investor’s visa, please send us an email: